75100385

I have put a website together using software staff

I have put a website together using software for support staff (I have the licence to use it on multi sites) - The site is for estate agents to offer their tenants the ability to report maintenance issues
There is another site which is quite big and today i was told they sued and shut down the business as it was a "rip off" of their system/website (I know no more unfortunately).
Where do I stand with this?
Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I am not sure I follow. The big site was sued or they sued someone else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clarify the other site had the other site closed down...My site is yet to launch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry was just updating when you replied :)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do they use the same software?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I don't know what they use - they may do an in house package
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Could your site be confused with theirs? Ie would a customer be confused?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubt it very much, My colours and name is ***** ***** I don't mention them anywhere, I can give you the links to both sites if that helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry about my grammar! "is" should be "are"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it can only be closed down if a customer could be confused between your side and theirs. If not then a court won't order it's closed. That is the test - would a customer get confused?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think they would get confused as the colours name and workflow are different, is there another angle they could at me from?For example the concept or the idea?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. Because for example only Company could then make smart phones.
The only test is could a customer be confused. That's if.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats what I was thinking, if they had cornered the market in such a way no-one would be able to setup a rival business - So yes it does help and if the only test is could a customer be confused by the two sites then I would say no - Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Exactly. Good luck wry it
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for you help - Much appreciated :)