75100385

I have put a website together using software staff

I have put a website together using software for support staff (I have the licence to use it on multi sites) - The site is for estate agents to offer their tenants the ability to report maintenance issues
There is another site which is quite big and today i was told they sued and shut down the business as it was a "rip off" of their system/website (I know no more unfortunately).
Where do I stand with this?
Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I am not sure I follow. The big site was sued or they sued someone else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To clarify the other site had the other site closed down...My site is yet to launch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry was just updating when you replied :)
Do they use the same software?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually I don't know what they use - they may do an in house package
Could your site be confused with theirs? Ie would a customer be confused?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I doubt it very much, My colours and name is ***** ***** I don't mention them anywhere, I can give you the links to both sites if that helps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry about my grammar! "is" should be "are"
Ok, it can only be closed down if a customer could be confused between your side and theirs. If not then a court won't order it's closed. That is the test - would a customer get confused?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think they would get confused as the colours name and workflow are different, is there another angle they could at me from?For example the concept or the idea?
No. Because for example only Company could then make smart phones.
The only test is could a customer be confused. That's if.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats what I was thinking, if they had cornered the market in such a way no-one would be able to setup a rival business - So yes it does help and if the only test is could a customer be confused by the two sites then I would say no - Thanks
Exactly. Good luck wry it
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for you help - Much appreciated :)