12826847

In a child abuse interview with police. The officer

in a child sexual abuse interview with police. The officer forgot to put start and date time on said taped interview. and stated " i have forgotten something " - 5 minutes later said " oh I know what it was, I forgot to put start and date time "
My question is : - Is this a point of Law
Graham **********
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not really.
Not unless there is some significance in the time.
Police officers have no idea of the rules of evidence and most ABEs offend. That is why they are edited at court.
The reason for the time clock upon interviews originally was to stop the police stopping the tape and battering suspects into a confession. It was a different time was PACE was introduced.