12826847

I recently produced a design and floor plans, conversion to

Customer Question

Hi Ben
I recently produced a design and floor plans, for a conversion to an existing building to provide three dwellings. That work was paid for and planning approval was gained.
I then let the owner see an alternative idea (drawing), providing one dwelling. They have employed an architect to copy the drawing and used it for a revised application.
The drawing had limited written detail as it was only an option I had considered, more for my own interest rather than one to promote.
How do stand with regards ***** ***** right, or being able to claim title and charge for my work.
Thank you and Happy New Year to you!
Peter
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave the question unanswered for the time being.
I presume the deposit has not been charged for?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
The deposit will have been charged as per our terms and conditions but we refund on request if you are not satisfied for any reason.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you with this. Did the owner retain the other drawing (that you did not charge for?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they still have it. I and the customer live in the same village in Warwickshire, the architect who have copied my plans are based In Glasgow (?).
I have not had any conversation with them as yet, as I only saw the application, on line, over the Holliday.
Peter
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure it is exactly the same? Have you approached them yet about it?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi I think there was a slight technical difficulty. Have you approached the customer about this and asked them why they have used the plan without your permission?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is the same and no, I have not approached them as yet. Their app'n only went to planning last week.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Did you have terms and conditions with them and were they aware from those terms and conditions, or otherwise, that the design in question was not for their use?