29905560

Iboght a car yesterday aand my wife doesn't like it. Ccan I

Iboght a car yesterday aand my wife doesn't like it. Ccan I take it back and get my money back? I paid by debit card.
Tony Goode
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you buy from a dealer or private seller?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a dealer
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I presume you bought it on their premises, rather than online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I saw it on the net and went down to see it . Had a short test drive and bought it with a debit card.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You cannot return the car just because you have changed your mind. There is nothing stopping you from asking the seller to accept a return and issue a refund but they are not legally obliged to do so and there is nothing in law you can actually use to force them to accept it. The only rights you have in returning the car would be if it did not adhere to the requirements of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that the goods must be:{C}· of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when you receive them;{C}· as described – they must match any description given to you at the time of purchase; and{C}· fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, If they do not match the above requirements, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller: 1. Reject them and request a refund - this is only possible if the rejection occurs within 30 days of purchase. 2. Ask for a repair or replacement – if you are too late to reject the goods or do not wish to get a refund straight away, you can ask the seller for a repair or replacement. If a repair has been arranged but has failed, or if a repair or replacement are not possible, you are still entitled to ask for a refund, or a price reduction. Alternatively you could get a second repair or replacement at no extra cost to you. However, the retailer can refuse if they can show that your choice is disproportionately expensive compared to the alternative. So as you can see you may only return the car if the seller agrees to accept a return or if you can show that the car did not meet the above requirements and it was faulty or not as advertised. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you