UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a 52 year old guy born and worked in the uk all my life.

I am a 52 year old guy born and worked in the uk all my life. My parents originate from Pakistan. A friend of my father wants his 16 year old son to visit the uk for a two to three week holiday. I have Funds in my account in excess of £50k and substantial assets in property which I an happy to use as security. The young lad is however a non blood relative just a friend of the family. Will i be able to sponsor his stay. Or am I wasting my time?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you may sponsor the applicant by providing a letter saying how you know the person and that they intend to visit the UK for 2-3 weeks and that you will support them during they stay here. You will need to provide a copy of your passport, recent utility bill and bank statements showing that you have the means to support the person as well as yourself and any dependants.
Hope this helps