75100385

I want to buy some melatonin tablets from Amazon in the US

I want to buy some melatonin tablets from Amazon in the US and have them delivered to my address in the UK for personal consumption.
Melatonin is a prescription only drug in the UK, but in the US it is available without prescription.
Would it be legal for me to order these tablets online from the US and have them sent to me in the UK for personal consumption?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Technically no. This is because it would be a drug which is controlled and only available by prescription. As such its not legal for it to be imported.
However they may not be picked up through the post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. So is the information on this site incorrect/outdated? See under where it says "Is it legal?"
thesite.org/drink-and-drugs/drugs-and-the-law/buying-prescription-drugs-online-9592.html
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. If it is controlled within the UK it would make a mockery.