75100385

We bought a domain name years ago, but have received

Customer Question

We bought a domain name years ago, but have received notification from agents from a very large company that we should stop using our domain name because it is too similar to theirs and that we are getting traffic to our site and not theirs. Their agents asked us how much to sell the domain name and we said we would be prepared to sell it for £5000. However, we never heard from them. We have been selling successfully on Ebay and recently we have received suspicious sales with very deliberate and bad ratings. We cannot prove that it is this company but we know its them. Today we received a request from a high profile Youtuber who wants to 'feature' our products. We thought it was strange since this Youtuber has over 1M followers. Upon closer inspection we noted that she does reviews for this rival company. She is waiting for us to respond, but quite frankly I do not know what to say to her. Obviously, we are not going to send her any of our products because we know that she will trash us on Youtube and this will finish us off. We need some help desperately, I know that this is a 'David and Goliath' situation, but we are at our wits end and they are using nasty low tactics to get us removed. What can we do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Could your business or name be confused with theirs please?
Note it may be morning when I reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just read the disclaimer on the phone call and realised that our conversation is not protected by any confidentiality. I am not sure if I want to pursue the conversation, as I do need it to be confidential. What shall I do? In relation to your question, yes their name is ***** ***** ours but not the same.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
We can have a chat just me and you. That is fine. Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.