29905560

What is Anti discrimination practice within the workplace

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello can you please explain the nature of your query in a bit more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
View that I have been subject to negative feedback gossip via my manager and some other staff within my workplace was informed I should take a greaves out under Anti discrimination practice but not sure of it definition ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Anti-discrimination and equality in the workplace is concerned with unfair treatment in relation to what are known as protected characteristics. These include the following: age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marriage. So if these are the reasons you are being treated detrimentally at work that is when you can use anti-discrimination policies and practices. However, if you do not meet the above criteria it does not prevent you from raising a complaint with the employer – you are still able to use the normal grievance procedure, just not rely on or mention anti-discrimination policies. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.