Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Good evening, My tenant has just messaged me to say the oven

Good evening,
My tenant has just messaged me to say the oven in my property has "blown up", and is not working. Is it my responsibility to replace it?
It is intergarated.
She is threatening action against me if I dont replace it
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Who supplied the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did. It was there when she moved in. She was going to bring her own, but the kitchen is integrated
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
It is the landlords responsibility to keep gas and electrical appliances in good working order and safe; so if the oven, which you supplied, has indeed broken then you would normally be responsible for repair or replacement unless the tenancy agreement says otherwise.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Can I assist any further? I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you