12826847

Dear Sirs, I would like to ask advice regarding a

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,
I would like to ask for some advice regarding a sum of money which I spent while suffering from severe depression and anxiety over o four year period using psychic premium rate
Phone lines.
I wondered whether I would be able to bring a claim against the company concerned citing my disability under the Equality Act 2010 and rely on Consumer Protection Regulations currently in force?
I welcome your advice.
Yours faithfully,
H Gate
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
On what basis please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo, I am not sure what you mean by on what basis.
I was hoping that I may be able to recover monies from the company by stating that I wasn't in the right state of mind when I was phoning these lines because a family bereavement, marriage breakup and harassment at work was making me feel extremely anxious. My anxiety of not knowing what would happen in the future was feeding into the psychic phonelines.
I hope I could rely upon this as a serious disability and as I am now in an IVA because I struggle I could do with trying to recover these monies.
I hope that you can help Jo.
Thanks,
Helen
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but I'm afraid these are not grounds to escape payment.Come what may, you have used the service. You are liable to pay for it. Even those against whom a contract is not enforceable, such as minors or those affected by insanity, still have to pay for a service actually used.There is other way around it. Even those with a 'serious disability' would still have to pay for services used.I'm very sorry.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo