75100385

I have a property law question. May I ask

Customer Question

Hello. I have a property law question. May I ask for some advice?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found an abandoned house in London. It is on the street where I live. It has been abandoned for years now. I bought a copy of the Title Deed from the land registry and the owner has filed for bankruptcy and the property's contacts are lawyers in another UK city. There are no pending applications for this property. I would like to acquire this property to renovate and use as a base for a local disabled children's charity that need a new home urgently. I know there are schemes that would support this but how do I acquire this property - should I just contact the solicitors for the bankrupt person and try and negotiate some sort of deal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You need to contact the Solicitor. There will be a trustee in bankruptcy. They and only they can sell it to you. If it is an asset it belongs to them.
So the Solicitors can tell you who the Trustee is and you can contact them,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks - I thought as much. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/