12826847

British Airways cancelled my flight to the usa.I mistakenly

Customer Question

British Airways cancelled my flight to the usa.I mistakenly thought my Esta was still valid with my new passport.I applied at the time and received a new Esta witrh my new passport.They would not accept it and refused to schedule me on the next flight.The reasons given were '' I did not have a valid ESTA '', Flights are allocated time space !! '',''check the terms and conditions on the ticket'' and ''claim through your travel insurance'' My answers are yes I did have an ESTA as I applied at the time.
The next flight still left me with plenty of time for my connecting flight. E Tickets which I received does not have terms and conditions on it.Finally they are at fault not my travel insurance comp[any. ADVISE PLEASE !!.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I am a bit confused about the position. You say that you thought your ESTA transfered but also say you applied for a new one. Did you have the correct ESTA at the time the flight was cancelled by them. Was it the entire flight or just your flights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jenny. It was on the advice from the girl at the check-in desk to apply for the document and then return to her and she would book me in.So yes I did have an ESTA at the time they cancelled my whole flight.It was from Edinburgh to Washington Dc via London.It was the entire flight they cancelled.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So how long before the flight did you have the valid Esta and were the airline aware of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My original flight time was 06:50 from Edinburgh.By the time I printed the new ESTA it was 06:28.On returning to the check-in desk they said the gate was closed ,did not offer me the next flight and sent me straight to customer services.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
I have just seen that you are based in Scotland so I will opt out for others to help you. Good luck.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume when you booked online you agreed to their terms? Did you know what the latest checkin time was?