12826847

Following advice from DWP(2013) that as someone with long term

Customer Question

Following advice from DWP(2013) that as someone with long term ill health, I could work for 16hrs per week for up to 52weeks and would be entitled to retain my benefits. I earned an average of £70 per week. What was not made clear I would loose income support. I could not maintain my tenancy and lost my home.
I am a single 41yr old female working very hard earning minimum wage. I live in Hull and work in the East Riding of Yorkshire. I have to pay out well in excess of £125 a month traveling expenses to get to work. I do not earn enough to pay rent so I have been living with my elderly parents in their small two bedroom bungalow. The DWP are still insisting that they over paid me and are claiming back over paid housing benefits and Council Tax etc. I have tried numerous ways of trying to resolve the situation . I want to live in a place of my own This would be extremely difficult on the low wage I earn and absolutely impossible with all the money the DWP want back off me. I FEEL THAT I WAS VERY MISLED AND ILL INFORMED BY THE DWP WITHOUT VERY LITTLE OPTION OF ADDRESSING THE MATTER.
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I was misinformed and misled by DWP regarding clarity of benefit entitlement and in view of this I dispute that I do not owe outstanding housing benefit/ council tax. I would like The Ombudsman to review my case.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot afford these fees please cancel this enquiry and remove my bank details. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel I cannot afford these fees
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. All the best.