29905560

I have been the victim of the most vicious liable and

Customer Question

Hello - I have been the victim of the most vicious liable and slander on a FB page. An individual has publically said I am a lier, manipulative, conman and then offered for people to call him to explain why.
Having stated that the comments are liable and slanderous and illegal I found yesterday a post liked by over 70 people that said I was attention seeking and should resolve my issues privately. The administrator seems to let people run riot with personal comments about people. There are 2000 members to this FB closed group.
My reputation is extremely important and I need to know how to restore my good character.
Having now found out who the administrator is he seems unhelpful and is looking after his own interests as he sells his artwork on the FB closed group site and also runs a raffle which he makes £100's pounds from each month, He claims he doesn't know who owns the site and who the other administrators are. I have photographs of all the posting and comments which have now been deleted from the site.
Warm regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are your specific queries about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to access what I have already entered?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have I was just wondering what exactly are you hoping to achieve - you say you want to restore your good character but how do you envisage doing that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A public declaration on the group website if possible
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If that is what you are looking for then you cannot guarantee it unfortunately – even if you were to go to court, they cannot force the party to issue an apology or a declaration on the site. So this is something which is left at their discretion. What you could do is try to pressure them into issuing that, for example by stating that you would not hesitate commencing legal proceedings and issuing them with formal warnings of your intentions to do so. However, they could call your bluff and refuse to issue an apology, allowing you to take this further as you had threatened. Whether you do that is another matter though – defamation action is very complex and expensive and you are looking at thousands to pursue the claim, with no guarantee of success. So use the potential of legal action as a negotiating tool to try and get the apology but be realistic in what you are hoping to achieve, considering the costs and the fact that he court cannot force them to issue an apology either. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I able to ask one final question? If the individual have there employer detailed on the profile are you able to write to the company to express the inappropriate behaviour? Obviously if you were I guess it would have to be a solicitors letter?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course, you can write to their employer to complain about their behaviour if you wanted to - there is nothing stopping you from doing that. And it does not need to be a solicitors' letter - you are free to do that yourself. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amazing service - thank you so much Ben. Have an awesome 2016 and beyond Greg
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks and you too, all the best