75100385

We had a claim Health care upheld last

Customer Question

Hello we had a claim for Retrospective Health care upheld last year having duly signed on the assurance from the health board in wales that the interest rate was RPI and that our claim for County Court rate of 8% was not within the guidance however we found out after signing that the health board knew in advance that the Welsh government had issued a guideline in advance on the 24th of July 2015 stating that county court rate was available (we settled on the 27th July )
with the right evidence of financial loss and proof of retained benefits which along with rpi
was equal to the county court rate We feel this information was kept from us , along with a letter from the Welsh minister Mark Drakeford stating that our claim should come under the County Court rate with the onus on the claimants to provide evidence . The Health authority then issued a letter stating that because of the closeness of the settlement date they were prepared to re open the claim and re calculate for County Court rate in short over the last 6 months we have provided evidence to show our late uncle never received any state benefits this was submitted to the Health board who now reject our claim for re calculation on the grounds that we signed for rpi in July 2015 totally reversing their agreement in writing to re open and re calculate the interest
the amount in question is over £40K
thank you *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can be done does this constitute a breach of contract the other party agreed to enhance our financial position providing I supplied the criteria necessary which we did then they refused our claim
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea that's fine Nicola it is a complex question I am available most days on 01704 840001my business address kind regards Brian
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
In short you want to know what is the rate of interest you can claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really Alex we were offered a recalculation at county Court rate of 8% because of the closeness of our settlement at RPI when the health board knew in advance of the County Court guidance in short they agreed to my request to re calculate at 8% and asked us for information (archive) of retained benefits this went on for six months only to be rejected on the grounds that we had signed for rpi last year in short they u turned on the agreement to re calculate may be its best if I call you as it is complex to describe the facts on email let me know if this email is helpful regards Brian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I have already sent an additional offer for a telephone call or we can continue via chat here.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Alex could you inform me when you are calling me or if you supply a number I can call you I am in and out all the timeregards Brian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call you please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Alex I am in now until 2.30pm and the free all evening after 6pmregards Brian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will call shortly.
ALex