75100385

I have a dispute with Air France and have complained and asked

I have a dispute with Air France and have complained and asked for compensation. They are only prepared to offer us the basic air fare we paid but I feel due to their error we should be entitled to ore but they are not budging. Our flight from Edinburgh to Paris was delayed and we missed the connecting flight to Belgrade. However, air France took us to the terminal as my friend had assisted passage and we were told that tickets would be organised for the evening flight on the same day to Belgrade. We were given paperwork and assured by a member of Air France that everything was in order, my friend asking again for confirmation which was given and we were then taken to the departure gate and told to wait there until our flight was called which we did, but she. We approached the gate to board the plane we were told that our paperwork was not in order and we were not allowed to board! We were upset to say the least, having sat all day in the departure lounge only to find out that we were unable to travel to Belgrade. We were taken to the Air France desk where the member of staff agreed that the company had indeed made an error and advised us to complain. Unfortunately they were unable to find us a flight until the next evening and we were put up at an airport hotel. We were literally stranded at Paris airport for two days which affected our travel arrangements in Serbia and curtailed our activities - we had many important meetings arranged which had to be cancelled and we had to fit our itinerary into five days instead of seven. Is there any way you can advise how to proceed as we are unhappy with the reply from Air France. Regards. Anne
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anne my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you have travel insurance please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we both have travel insurance.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you claim on that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, neither of us claimed from our insurance. We contacted Air France directly. Is that your advice to us to claim on our insurance?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would first of all yes. They may cover you which means you do not need to pursue Air France. However if they wont they you need to issue proceedings against Air France.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. Y
You can find the forms at: https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/small-claims
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £3,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will contact my insurance company and advise my friend to do the same. Regards Anne
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Anne
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/