13262538

A very good friend of mine trying to transfer a lot

Hello, a very good friend of mine trying to transfer a lot of money from china to the uk. But they have restriction in china. He asked me to help him. He asked me to take £33,000 payment from his father in china. And then transfer that money to his uk account. He needs me to do 2 payments in total. I'm worrying if that's ok for me to do so?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to ask odd questions but have you actually met your friend in person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, he is actually part of my family. His husband is my nephew. I trust him on the money but I don't want to get into trouble and I don't want him to get into trouble. They are transferring £800,000 in total. I only need to cover £66,000 for him.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Provided you fully trust the person involve there is no reason not to do it as the problem sin removing money from China is well documentedI am assuming the money will be wired to your ordinary bank account and not come via paypal or Western Union or anything similar Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just worrying about suspicious money laundering and tax. Would that be a problem when all the money going to one account?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You may well be asked by your bank what is happening - so do inform them in advance