12826847

Can you please advise me on an issue which is subject

Hello, can you please advise me on an issue which is subject to a pending crown court hearing.
Q. Can a solicitor hand over hard evidence they received from the police onto their client (who happens to be the defendant) for example a photograph of an alleged weapon allegedly photographed at the scene of the offence?
I am a witness in this issue where my daughter was seriously beaten up
E Palmer Farnborough, Hampshire
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. What are your specific concerns about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am concerned that the suspect is fabricating or making up evidence in this case. I just do not believe that a weapon existed in the attack ( my daughter maintains she did not have any such weapon prior to the assault) the police have said nothing regarding any weapon and have not informed her of any photo. I just need clarification that a solicitor would hand over actual photos to a suspect.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, that might be right. Complainants do quite often lie and so do suspects. On your specific question, yes a solicitor can hand over photography. They would never hand the original copy to the defence at all. But photographs of anything relied upon would certainly be handed over. I wouldn't get involved in this if I were you. If you are a witness then all you need to do is attend court and tell the truth within your knowledge. You don't need to worry about anything else. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance Jo,I will certainly follow your advice.Many thanks.Kind regardsEddie
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.