How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a complex case where I worked to build up a technical

Customer Question

I have a complex case where I worked to build up a technical company with two others over 13 years. The company is now big and worth a lot of money. I found that they were not being transparant and discovered several other problems. I left the company end 2014. They have not paid me significant outstanding monies due (they want a confidentiality agreement signed first) and also I fear they will not honour my equity stake in the company. There are several other aspects that add to the complexity. The sums involved are large. I am looking for a lawyer to help me assess the options and to help me to reach an appropriate settlement.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much do you estimate you are owed please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben,This is potentially a big case. There are two aspects: monies directly owed (£358k) and also equity held (shares) amounting to several million pounds. The case is potentially complex for numerous reasons so I need someone who is strong on employment law and also on international aspects to it (this case involves two legal entities - one in UK and one in UAE) etc...Thanks,
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shane, the international aspect of this will make things complex so I will speak to a colleague to see if this is something which he can assist with. Will get back to you, in the meantime no need to reply, thanks
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist you. Where is the company incorporated- is it in England? Do you have share certificates? Kind regards AJ