How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am selling land at the rear of my property to a developer.

Resolved Question:

I am selling land at the rear of my property to a developer. The land has outline planning permission for 5 dwellings, do I need indemnity insurance or is this insurance only needed by the developer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Indemnity insurance would only be needed by the developer to cover him against defects in title. You are selling the land, so you no longer need any indemnity insurance as you will have sold the land and had your title accepted by the purchasing developer. Once you sell the land, then that is the end of the matter as the title you had was thereby accepted. So that was the end of it.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the monies you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions