75100385

Alex, In fact I have another question . Happy to

Hi Alex,
In fact I have another question for you. Happy to pay the same fee so if you let me know how I pay for the next question.My question is:
- The recruitment guy was with the company for a long time (before we started).
- The staff he provided us with were low paid and as such he agreed verbally that they could transfer from being agency staff (i.e. working for him and contracted to us) to working for us. He allowed this a number of times over a number of years.
- However when he left the company he sent us an invoice for all the staff that had transferred over a number of years. In his T&C's it said he could charge us 6 weeks at their hourly rate.What is the best response to this?
Is it that as he delayed the invoice (for years in some occasions) that it backs up our version of events or does it not matter that he left it years before invoicing?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me.
You are going to an IP though, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right. This recruitment agent has mischarged on national insurance to the tune of £100K over a number of years ad there are about £80K of his invoices outstanding. From this £80K some of the invoices are for these staff that transferred to us years ago but not invoiced until recently.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then I wouldnt worry - all these can be included as a debt and in reality he will get 10-20p in the £. Its an unsecured debt as well.
You might as well put everything in. In any event anything that happened more than 6 years ago you do not need to pay for - its out of time under the Limitation Act 1980
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for the advice again. Cheers, Colin