75100385

I was leaving my car on my granddads drive as was of going

Customer Question

i was leaving my car on my granddads drive as was of going to do some traveling for months.
one of dads so called friend wanted to use my my key was underneath the wheel arch. so week gone by thought nothing about it but when i was on the phone to my mum i asked where is my car he told that it will be on granddads drive in 2 days. but he never told me about that he had a crash so when i go to another insurances it went £3500 and iv told my insurance whats happened not very helpful.what can i do. i don't think i should be taking responsibility. thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In short, your premium has increased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes from £1100 a year its gone to £3500
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. I understand this wasn't your fault but you don't deny that there was a crash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how to rephrase this. You accept there was a collision that wasn't declared to them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but that is a relevant non disclosure. I realise it isn't your fault but insurance isn't a blame game. It is a game of risk assessment.Come what may, there was a collision. I realise you didn't know but they will say that you did because you didn't make a report to the police of TWOC against the driver. They are entitled to assess that in the increased risk.You can shop around for other quotes but nobody can force a company to insure you and this incident is likely to affect your premium.Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I didn't know he crashed my car and repaired it without my knowing. And that was the reson my car was cancelled.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand.Insurance isn't about fairness. It is about risk.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They will say he was driving with your consent anyway for the reasons above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So why should my insurance go up
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Come what may, there was a collision. I realise you didn't know but they will say that you did because you didn't make a report to the police of TWOC against the driver. They are entitled to assess that in the increased risk.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can shop around for other quotes but nobody can force a company to insure you and this incident is likely to affect your premium.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how insurance could not go up in this circumstance? There was a collision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah but just cause the car is insured in my name and I was not in the uk and the car didn't come back when it should of. And been fixed and I didn't even know what had happened. Only knew when insurance cancelled me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand. I think i covered that above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't really get my answer what I think. Why should I have to pay for this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Your question has been answered.I realise it isn't the one you want but it has been answered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But why should I take the responsibility
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Since you have said you are displeased with my answer I am afraid I will be unable to continue. All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a full refund this is a fix
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I see the expert has opted out, what else would you like to know?