Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have separated from my husband. I have moved out of the

Customer Question

I have separated from my husband. I have moved out of the matrimonial home and am renting with my teenage son. My husband does not work and wishes to claim housing benefit. He cannot do this at the moment because the mortgage and lease are in joint names. He has signed a Deed of Variation to transfer the lease to myself and to transfer his interest in the matrimonial home to me.
Does the Deed need to be sent to my mortgage company for signature through a solicitor? What happens after it has been signed? Do I send to the Land Registry so it can be registered?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Is the mortgage being transferred to your sole name as well?
Once the deed and any other relevant have been signed they will need to be sent to the mortgage company and land registry for approval.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!