13262538

Greetings..i have a dispute between my ex partner over the

Customer Question

greetings..i have a dispute between my ex partner over the house that we bought together over 15 year ago,we have a daughter she will be 20 soon..my name is ***** ***** the mortgage i borrowed £35,000 of my father for the deposit at the time he give me a bankers draught payable in her name..we separated over 12 years ago now when we parted she said as soon as my daughter become 18 i will have my half of the house money i agreed with her so 2014 i had a meeting with her and i asked her for £30,000 so i can move on with my life that was in august 14..last year i went to the house demanding that she start to pay me something soon, she as not try to contact me to sort anything out..i would like to know where i stand...charles murray
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm if you are married to her and if there was a formal agreement regarding the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no im not married
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Was there a formal agreement or deed of trust regarding the property and what were your contributions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not sign any
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i always gave her money every week for the shopping and my child up bringing
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** there is a little more information needed for us to help you.How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What was the original purchase price?Why was your name not added to the deeds at the time of purchase?Can you prove that the money came from your father?
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi clare,i am not sure if she as remortgaged the house..its worth over £150,000 we brought the house for £62,000..no my name is ***** ***** the deeds or mortgage..yes can prove that i got the money from my father
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you remember why you didn't put your name on the deeds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forget this foolishness....I asked you for some advice on Wednesday the 6th and today Sunday the 10th u are replying to my question....useless please don't take any money for my credit card....this is fraudulent behaviour
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
My apologies for the delayed response
However sometimes we need much more information to ensure that we give you the best answer possible.
I can offer a phone call if you would like - but what I can say is that in the situation you describe you have an excellent chance of arguing that you are indeed entitled to a share of the proceeds of sale and that there was an "implied trust" based on the fact that you gave so much money for the purchase and it was clearly understood between you over the years that this money would entitle you to a share of the house.
My only concern is that I do not understand why your name was not on the title deeds - but if there was a reason for that then all will be fine.
You will be able to make an applictaion to the Court using the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) to force the sale and establish what percentage you receive
IN the mean time you shoudl register your rights at the Land Registry
Please ask if you need more details