Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Social services recently wrote a document saying a friend of

Social services recently wrote a document saying a friend of mine was a historic drug user, she has never been a drug user has no convictions has never had a drugs test and they also looked at her medical records. The comments were made by an expartner over a child custody case is this libellous
Hi, thanks for your question.
If your ex-partner is making the allegations, the local authority have a duty to document it, but if they are using it as a basis for an unfavourable recommendation then they must carry out their own investigations to confirm the allegations.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!