12826847

In the past around 2013 i had ordered some painkillers

Hi, In the past around 2013 i had ordered some painkillers online as this way was always cheaper than going to the doctor. There wsasnt a problem in past but since 2104 these tablets were classed s class C. I hadnt ordered for sometime as only used them seldom when in pain. I ordered again in December and now have a summons to meet the customs dept to discuss this. I understand i could face charges and am very worried. Would you suggest anything as i am completey stressed about receiving any charges here...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking what action they could take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo, yes. I know this sounds exremely niaive if me but I didnt realise the classification of this painkiller. I just saw that I could order online and had done so in past without rammifications. I guess by customs sending me a letter to attend their office in a few weeks that they realise I am not a drug dealer would you agree?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How many have you ordered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
220 to cover me for two years or so...i never take more than 10 per month on average as ihave a recurring trapped nerve ... no more than ten of these pills a month generally
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think they will say that you are a dealer. However, this is importation and there is no way around that. It is not a huge number and, in fact, they may well not know about all of them anyway.
They will obviously seize the recent importation.
They could charge you with offences or they could offer a caution. There are thousands of people in your position though ever year who are just asked to sign over the prohibited items every year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jo. I hope that is the case. I am more than happy to sign them over as I have been incredibly stupid not fully understanding the facts. I will plead my case to them and also left a message to discuss sooner just so they know Im no criminal. I have too much to lose with a conviction. I guess it would look a lot more serious if they had come to the door instead of asking me to meet them in a few weeks to discuss/attend the meeting. Thanks Jo and hopefully all will be ok.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If they thought it was proper dealing it would be the police rather than customs.
Customs are a prosecution authority but they are aware of the fact that law abiding people do import things as a result of ignorance of the law all the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much. You have put my mind at ease for sure now its just a matter to speaking to customs and hopefully it will be the end of the matter. Thanks again and have a wonderful 2016 Jo! By the way I wasn't clear before but I am in Jersey Channel Islands who are very stern on these matters but as you say the police were not involved just the customs
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.