75100385

I am a French national and I became homeless in July 2014

Hi, I am a French national and I became homeless in July 2014 and it was not until march 2015 that Merton council accepted to help me and authorised me to bid for a housing association flat, as they claimed that I was not earning enough to be considered a worker before that date. I went to live with relatives instead of being rehoused in a temporary accomodation by Merton Council. They originally said that I would get more points (600) and would be placed in band B if I lived with relatives instead of living in a temporary accomodation. But in the end they gave me only 250 points on the basis that the bailiff who evicted me did not have to change the lock to my door : apparently I should have wrestled with the bailiff and resisted her order to leave the flat in order to get 600 points; my question is, do they have the right to refuse to give me those points and is there anything I or a sollicitor could do to claim those points ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do they have a policy which states you should wrestle with a bailiff to get 600 points please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I know...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you give me a clear answer please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
In that case you need to ask. If there is no policy they can not deny you. If they do you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They can investigate your complaint for free and are independent of the Council.
Their website is; www.lgo.org.uk
But if there is no policy, they can not do it. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, thank you for your help, all the best