13262538

In my father's Will I have been appointed Executor & Trustee.

In my father's Will I have been appointed Executor & Trustee. A clause in the Will states: "It is my wish that (xxxx firm of solicitors) or it's successors shall be employed to act as the solicitors in the administration of my estate."
The named firm were holding the Will for safe keeping prior to my father passing and have simply given me the document on his death, with no advice or requesting / offering to act.
I have obtained Probate myself and will be selling the house in the near future.
Do I HAVE to use this firm for conveyancing, or can I use my own chosen firm ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.This is just an expressed wish and in fact you have already dealt with the Administration of the estate in any event.You can chose whichever solicitors you chose to deal with the saleI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare