Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I AM A SMALL CAR DEALER AND PURCHASED A CAR FROM ANOTHER DEALER

Customer Question

I AM A SMALL CAR DEALER AND PURCHASED A CAR FROM ANOTHER DEALER ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO AND NOW ITS SEEMS THERE ARE HUGH PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR.
CAN I RETURN CAR FOR FULL REFUND
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you approached the dealer and asked for a refund? If so what was the response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is not very interested
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
well he won't be as he will be trying to put you off taking action. Did you purchase this as a consumer or was it with the intention to sell it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the car as a dealer, with the intention of selling it on,
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** have the opportunity to inspect the car before purchase? Did he make representations to you as to the car's roadworthiness?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the car over the phone and it was described as a lovely clean car with no issues, now it turnes out the car has alot of electrial issues to which I have been quoted approx £4,000 to repair, i only paid £7,200 for the car
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** is a business to business transaction you do not have the benefit of the Sale of Goods Act in respect of the purchase. However if the dealer misrepresented the quality of the vehicle to you you can still take action against him in the County Court if he fails to take the car back, in order to recover your losses. You should send him a letter or email to say that he has misrepresented the quality of the car and is therefore in breach of contract so if he does not take the car back you will take him to court to recover your losses, which would be the cost of the repair. Hopefully this will lead him to agree to take the car back to avoid the hassle. Is there anything else you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jenny,
I thought as much, many thanks.
john
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem John, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know?