75100385

I need advice about the Lloyds Bank business banking internet

Customer Question

I need advice about the Lloyds Bank business banking internet mandates.
My husband and I have been the victims of fraud perpretrated by his former PA and book-keeper. She is currently about to be charged by the fraud squad, it turns out she has 5 previous convictions for serious fraud including forging documents and signatures.
She set up internet bank on our business accounts without her knowledge, and put herself down for user access. The forms includes signatures that look like my husband's signature, but he didn't sign them. The bank claim he did - they have employed an handwriting expert who says there's strong evidence that it is his signature. When we asked how she was able to do this, i.e. what security checks were carried out on her, they have given us no information but simply said "her signature matched the one they have on their records". I would like to know about their liability as it doesn't seem they have followed their own procedures to credit reference people on the forms.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are our grounds for challenging the bank? It appears that their security has been lax. I don't have enough information about their internet mandates as they won't give it to us. i.e. what happens once you send in the form, what checks are done etc. According to the fraud squad other banks insist that you appear in person to sign the forms if its business, and initial each page. That is certainly the case with our other bank Santander. If we take the case to the Financial Ombudsman are they likely to find in their favour as they have a handwriting analysis person on their side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or 07711 089313
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to talk now or should we set a time?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Give me 10 mins if you would.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, I have to pop out now - shall we set a time to talk, say 2pm?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. 2pm