Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am investigating ownership of land registry number DY391326.

Customer Question

I am investigating ownership of land registry number DY391326. On the file there is a bunkrupty notice on the file issued against ***** ***** Anthony High Court reference no 3487 of 2012. Land Charges Number PA 53390/12.
Where can I get copies of these documents?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Bearing in mind you enquiried a while ago, are you still interested in receiving assistance?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have established that I can obtain office copies of the entry PA 53390/12 from the Land Registry using the K19 form which I have done. However, my investigation is on behalf of the Derby Hippodrome Restoration Trust ( derbyhippodrome.co.uk).
and concerns the property listed on the land registry, DY391326 as Warners Bingo and Social Club. Blake Finance have asserted to the DHRT that they are the owners of the property. My interpretation of the entry in the Land Registry is that while Blake Finance have a charge on the property the legal owner is still ***** ***** Anthony, irrespective of the bunkruptcy proceedings. Further a firm of estate agents have attempted to negotiate with DHRT for the sale of the said property on behalf of Blake Finance, which would appear to be a misrepresentation under the Estate Agents Act . I am seeking clarification of the legal position from a professional.
Many thanks for your reply.
It appears to me that Blake Finance may have obtained a Repossession of the property on the basis that Mr Anthony has defaulted on his repayments to Blake Finance.
In such circumstances, the Land Registry title will still show Mr Anthony as the registered owner of the property, but Blake Finance still have the legal power to sell.
I would therefore suggest that you ask the Agents to confirm that this is what has happened. (Unfortunately, all Court orders are private and I am therefore unable to obtain any evidence of any repossession).
I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.
Please let me know if you require any further clarification and I will try and assist.
Kind Regards
Al