How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am currently married to a British citizen and in the

Resolved Question:

I am currently married to a British citizen and in the process of applying for my second spouse extension visa.
I have been working full time since granted my initial leave (from July 2013 to April 2016) and paying taxes (which includes the NHS charges). Do I still need to pay the NHS health sub charge as part of my visa application?
I f my husband is self employed but doesn't own a company, he just works for himself. Do I put his personal details on the form or the actual company that contracted him for the job?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Firstly, I regret to say that you must pay the NHS charge for your visa extension. Basically, until such times as you have got Indefinite Leave to Remain, you remain liable to pay the NHS charge, as this is applied to all persons who partake of the NHS but who aren't permanent residences or from the EEA. However, after three years of marriage to your husband you are entitled to apply for settlement or Indefinite Leave to Remain and , for citizenship. So you will shortly be at this threshold.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Secondly, you should put your husband's personal details on the visa application form, not the company he works for. Your entitlement to remain in the UK is based upon him being a UK citizen, not upon who he works for. In 6 more months of the new visa, you will be able to apply for citizenship based on being married to a UK citizen and living in the UK. So be sure to include his details.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the monies you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help, but please RATE the Answer.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answers matched my expected answers apart from the second part which was news to me so I am please with the service.

Related Law Questions