75100385

My car insurance policy Is full cmprenhensive with exess

Customer Question

hi,my car insurance policy Is full cmprenhensive with exess of 3000 gbp.as I been involved in a car accident wich is coused by my fault. another part is claming huge amount of money,while am not asking anything for my car.. do I have to pay for the first 3000gbp to the other side becose of my voluntary acsses? or its coverd by my insurance policy? and was it legal by my insurance broker to sell the policy of 3000 volountary exess even if my car value is only 1500gbp? and that exess is for third part as well ,not only my vehicle exess. kind regrads
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you would have to. This is because whatever your insurance pays out, you would pay the first £3000, as this is the excess. So if the insurers are going to pay out over £3000 you would be responsible for that first amount.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/