75100385

Good afternoon, please could I have some legal advice on a

Customer Question

Good afternoon, please could I have some legal advice on a situation whereby a joint unsecured loan over 30 years was taken out with an ex partner over seven years ago; since the loan was originally taken out, my ex partner entered into an IVA where this loan was included; my ex partner has since completed their IVA successfully, however the loan company is now chasing me for the money and not my ex partner as they say the debt is now fully mine and my ex partner is no longer responsible? I have found out that at the end of the IVA, £6K was paid to the loan company which reduced the debit (originally for £25k); I have come to an agreement with the loan company whereby I pay a reduce payment of £100 a month to clear the debt; my ex partner has agreed to pay £60 of this, and has done so for the last five years. This loan has caused me personal credit issues due to me having to have the monthly payments reduced; is their a legal case whereby I can demand that my ex partner takes responsibility, or pays me a lump sum so I can offer this as a settlement figure to the loan company? as this is affecting me get credit and move forward with my life? thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When was the last payment made please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i made the last payment to the loan company this month (January).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was the whole debt included in the IVA?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. but as it was a joint loan.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please. 07506 861180
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to call me in the next 10 mins?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.