Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a cohabitation question, i have bought my house and am the sole person on the

I have a cohabitation question, i have bought my house and am the sole person on the mortgage, my partner wants to move in, with his daughter who he has full custody over.
My question is, if in the unfortunate event that we part ways due to a relationship breakdown, how can I protect my assets (as in my house). I do not want him to have any access to it financially.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Vicki
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
You should consider making a deed of trust and a cohabitation agreement outlying that he will have no claim to the property and that any of his contributions will not give rise to a share of the property.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response, do you know roughly:
1) How much do these take to set up
2) How long to set these up
Can this be done online/Printed off or will I need to visit a solicitors to arrange these documents.Vicki
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
It would be best for a solicitor to assist and advise you regarding the contents of both. Prices will vary depending on solicitors but would be in the range of £500-1000 for both documents, but you can find local ones here: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ - area of practice would be family law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great thank you for your help.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hope it goes well - please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you