75100385

I have recently been contacted by an ex-partner of almost

Hi I have recently been contacted by an ex-partner of almost 20 years ago!! aparently we took out a time share whilst on holiday and although I remembered nothing of this and have made no payments or had any use of it he now wants me to pay half the bill of canceling it!! He has used it so where do I stand??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you seen any evidence please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no evidence just what he has told me, I do sort of remember something but like I say it was such a long time ago and obviously being on holiday I am sure alcohol was involved.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you are not liable. If you havent made any payment for 6 years then it is out of time anyway, as it is time barred.
20 years is too long to chase payment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I just was worried that if I signed a contract i would be liable but like I say he is married to someone else infact they used the timeshare for there honeymoon over 10 years ago. So I can now tell him I will not be paying anything and dont need to worry?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
yes indeed.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thanks so much
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/