12826847

I help voluntarily at a Rescue. Last year they rehomed a staffie

Customer Question

I help voluntarily at a Rescue. Last year they rehomed a staffie x bitch with a family an £80 adoption fee was paid a HC was done and a follow up visit was done by myself everything appeared ok. Adoption contract was signed stating that if for any reason they could not keep dog must be returned to rescue and also that she must be nuetered in a time span. Recently the rescue were informed that said dog was being offered up for sale on a local selling site so reps of rescue paid a visit and were made to feel very intimidated and not so politely asked to leave. But not before seeing forlorn neglected state of adopted dog very thin very long claws they are very concerned for her welfare? The police refuse to help because they say it is a civil matter. The RSPCA are thinking about it but at the end of the day as a rescue the dog is our main concern does the adoption paper signed not have any standing legally?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. What are you hoping to achieve?