13262538

Could you please explain the 3 entries in the charges register below? And what does the pr

Customer Question

Could you please explain the 3 entries in the charges register below? And what does the proprietorship register tell you about the way in which this land is held in law and in equity?
TITLE NUMBER: UG234567
B PROPRIETORSHIP REGISTER
This register specifies the class of title and identifies the owner. It contains any entries that affect the right of disposal.
TITLE ABSOLUTE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 (25 March 1988) Proprietor: STANLEY CLIFFORD WENTWORTH and PATRICIA ANNE WENTWORTH both of***** Ruxhurst, London RU1 3BX
END OF B REGISTER ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TITLE NUMBER: UG234567
C CHARGES REGISTER
This register contains any charges and other matters that affect the land. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 (23 November 1967) The land is subject to rights of drainage.
2 (23 November 1967) The land with oth
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstYou refer to three charges - can you complete them please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare,Thank you for your response. Sorry for some reason it did not paste the whole thing.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TITLE NUMBER: UG234567
C CHARGES REGISTER
2 (23 November 1967) The land with other land is subject to an annual rent charge of £1.6.0d. payable to the Vicar and Churchwardens of the Parish of Rainham but has the benefit of the covenant for indemnity against the same contained in a Conveyance of the land in this title and other land dated 22 February 1927 and made between (1) Michael Ernest St. John Barne (2) Walter Hugh Erskine, Violet Ella Barne and William Evelyn Long and (3) J.W. Ellingham Limited.
3 (23 November 1967) A Conveyance of the land in this title dated 31 July 1928 made between (1) J.W. Ellingham Limited (Vendor) and (2) Albert Edward Gales (Purchaser) contains covenants details of which are set out in the schedule of restrictive covenants hereto.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The proprietorship register shows that the two owners own the property as Beneficial Joint Tenants - so the right of survivorship appliesThe three Charges refer to old documents which were produced when the property was first registered1. Suggests that another property has rights to run drains over the property (and probably already does)2. This is interesting - there is an annual payment due to the Church from the owner of the property - BUT the payment is no longer dus and has to be paid by someone else3. There will be a list of Restrictive Covenants later on which bind the property.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare