Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can I decide my shared driveway the property is semi detached

Can I decide my shared driveway the property is semi detached on the deeds the property boundary is showed in solid red line running Dow the middle of the drive thus giving us both equal halves , my plan is to devide it on my half of the drive thus giving the next door neighbor all of their drive way with no loss to them, I've looked in the deeds and cannot find a covenants of any description. Many thanks Martin
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Martin, Yes, you can divide your shared driveway and create a boundary fence along the boundary line between the two properties. This boundary line should run where the red line on the Folio maps is drawn on your title deeds. Just because there has been no physical boundary present between the two houses up until now, does not prevent you, now, erecting a boundary fence.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Be aware that in point of principle the boundary fence can be erected along the midpoint line of the boundary. However, in such a case, there would have to be some agreement on the fence with your neighbour. If you erect the fence on your side of the boundary, then in law, it is your fence and you can do what you like with it. As this is your plan, you will not need the consent of your neighbour to do this.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please RATE the Answer, Martin, as unless you rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for the answer with all the money you have paid remaining with the website.