LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have received an eviction notice Jan 2016 due to unpaid

I have received an eviction notice for 20 Jan 2016 due to unpaid rent. I was in domestic violence situation for 7 years which had an impact on my daughters ( one had a breakdown) and my post became part time and I became very ill. I had so much to deal with plus I was handling three different court cases. Is there any point in putting in a notice for extra time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the owner is in a care home as she is 92 years of age. landlord is solicitors
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
In order to answer this I need to know a bit more. What sort of tenancy do you have? There are a number of different notices that can be served by landlords what notice has been served on you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
short hold tenancy
notice for eviction under section 21
20th jan 2016 at 9am
Do you mean a Notice seeking possession of an assured shorthold tenancy at the end of the fixed term? When did your tenancy start, is it an AST, is your deposit in a guarantee scheme?