12826847

My parents had a house fire .my 71 yr old father started the

Customer Question

My parents had a house fire .my 71 yr old father started the fire .but being assessed was mentally ill .there insurance wanted a letter from mental health .for which we arranged ..but after 11 weeks they then had a phone call to say as my dad wasn't sectioned .there not paying out .but as a jesster of good will they may get something ?? The policy is in both their names .to of which the insurance asked as the final question ....the police didn't prosicute as said he didn't no wot he was doing ....my dad has a lot of health problems since last Feb2015 ...since the fire Oct 2015 he again has bin to doctors and in hospital no end of times .....also the insurance is due for renewal in 6 days time .mum had a letter yesterday saying if don't renew the policy then can't proceed .if any ?? They also had emergency cover for which they didn't do anything ..a neighbour secured house ...and my parents in this time has lived with my sister ..and myself for a few days .and just recently moved in with my mums brother ....where do they stand thanks any help appreciated Tracey ...daughter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their insurance for house bricks and water and contents is with the AA
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What would you like to know about this please?