12826847

My father assaulted me with a knife few days ago, i told

hi, my father assaulted me with a knife few days ago, i told police when they took a statement that i would not press charges. Next day police was going to ring me about my decision and they said its to late they spoken to cps and he going to be remanded in custody until magistrates court. dad went to magistrates court and pleaded guilty to the charge of common assault. He was given unconditional bale and his sentencing is next week. How can i stop this as i don't want to take any further action.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you done this before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no first time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you assist me with the above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still here jo?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Actually, if he has pleaded guilty then it really doesn't matter how this came about.
I'm afraid there is no way of stopping this now. He has pleaded guilty. It doesn't matter what action you take. He has been convicted as a matter of law.
For future reference, the way to avoid this is just to just refuse a statement. They would only have summons you anyway although people do disobey summonses sometimes.
It matters not here because he has pleaded though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo thank you. If they get a restraining order out for not talking or being near me can i change this? Thank you for your previous answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, they won't do that if you say you don't want one and you haven't done this before.
If they do then he can just return to court and ask for it's removal and call you as a witness.
That won't happen though. Restraining orders are either for people who want them or women who have been a real drain upon the resources of the police.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you jo for all your assistance