Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have just received an order from the court

Hi, I have just received an order for possession from the court to evict our tenant in February. If we wanted to give her a little more time, say 4 months, can we hold off that long before applying for a warrant for the bailiffs or do we have a certain timeframe to apply for that warrant?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
When is the date for the possession order?
It would usually be for the tenant to make an application to court to delay the effect of the possession order or eviction notice once it has been issue, but if you were to apply shortly after the possession order expires then this would not impact your claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the possession order date given is the 18th of February, i would like to give her some extra time beyond that date and then apply for the warrant for the bailiffs if she has not gone after that. Is there a set time to call in the bailiffs after the court date given or is it at my discretion?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
It would be at your discretion but you should not leave it too long as the tenant may feel that you are not enforcing the possession order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.