Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I've been charged with section 4+4.1 of public order. What

I've been charged with section 4+4.1 of public order. What sentence can I be likely to get, I've had past offences but none for over ten years, if I plead guilty at first appearance at court, thankyou
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Do you have any previous convictions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but none for over ten years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went out drinking just before xmas got really drunk , ended up in a police sell, they said have swung a punch but not connected with a landlord from a pub
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Bear with me while I type an answer for you.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. If you plead guilty at the first hearing the sentence ( including the costs ) by up to 33%. But before you enter your plea it's important that you review the evidence to make sure that you are indeed guilty - there will be a duty solicitor at court who can help you free of charge or you can instruct your own solicito beforehand.Thr sentences are based on the nature of nature of activity. Where the fear or threat is low (such as verbal threat, push, shove or spit) the court would be looking at a low level community order. Where the fear or threat of medium level (such as punch, use of weapon; missile thrown; gang involvement) the court would be looking at a medium level community order as a starting point but could impose up to 12 weeks custody for particularly serious offences.In the most serious incidents the court could impose up to 6 months prison (reduced to 4 months for pleading guilty).Your case seems to fall in the second category so it's in the range of a medium level community order up to prison. The things that will help reduce the sentence are: guilty plea, lack of previous convictions, cooperation with probation service and personal mitigation e.g. Job, family life, remorse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thankyou for your help
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure and all the best.