Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I'm looking to find out how quickly and or if my wife can

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking to find out how quickly and or if my wife can get my bank account frozen ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Why are you suspecting that she is going to freeze your bank account?
For her to do this she will need to submit an urgent court application and provide evidence as to why she is seeking a freezing injunction - there is a very high threshold to meet for the court to grant such an order. If she were to pursue such an application it can be done rather quickly and once the documents are prepared she is able to make an application to court without notice to you, but must justify to the court why it is being made without notice.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willing settle with her over our seperation and finally divorce , but I don't want her to put a block on my account as I need access to the funds to live and do what I do to earn money as well ! Could I stop a block in anyway if she decides to do it ? And roughly how long would it take her ? Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
If a freezing injunction is put in place by the court they would make provision for you to access funds to meet your reasonable needs, but would usually only be granted if there is evidence that you may get rid of any savings that you have - and the burden of proof is on your wife to convince the court of this.
As stated before, if she has the evidence she is able to do it on an urgent basis, so possible in a matter of days.
If you are separating and divorcing, and there are assets to deal with, I would suggest that you refer the matter to an independent mediator to assist you to reach an agreement which can then be approved by a court as part of the divorce.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer to my question , I have left positive feedback 😃👍
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** goes well. Please do come back if you need further assistance in the future, you can ask me directly by starting the question For Harris