Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I installed a security video system in response to ongoing

I installed a security video system in response to ongoing damage and abuse of my property. I now have video captured evidence of my neighbour damaging my fencing, throwing stones on roadways such as to cause injury to the feet of my animals when passing along the road, interfering with my gates such as to cause my animals to be diverted in wrong direction and discharging tankers of watery slurry on to the road such as to erode the road surface and cause further injury to my cattle. What can I do?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. There are a few issues involved - would you prefer a telephone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, I would prefer answers by mail. Thank you
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all. Firstly, damaging your fence, theories stones, causing injury to your animals is a criminal offence and should be reported to the police for investigation. Several offences come to mind - criminal damage, harassment and animal cruelty come to mind. If the police are unable to take action or seem reluctant you, you can start a private prosecution yourself but will need a solicitors assistance to prepare the papers for court. Secondly, you may have a claim for compensation against your neighbour for the damage and loss you have suffered. This claim would be made through the County Court. In addition to compensation you can also obtain an injunction stopping your neighbour from carrying on with this behaviour - breach of such an order could result in your neighbours arrest and imprisonment for contempt of court.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
May I assist any further? I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
Your answers are sufficient for now. I will consider discussing the issues and taking legal advice from a solicitor.I needed reassurance which your response has given me.Many thanks & Kind regards.William
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure. I am a Solicitor based in London so if you need any further assistance, please do let me know.