75100385

Bailiffs are attempting to collect assets from a house which

Bailiffs are attempting to collect assets from a house which is owned by 2 related families, who co-habit, because it is also the registered office of a limited company for whom they have a CCJ. No assets of the limited company are kept at the property. The property is purely a mailing address and the company carries out its business at another property. I do not believe they have a right to take assets from the house, otherwise where would that leave Accountants who often allow their business premises to be the registered office of their clients?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear the ccj isn't in your name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, it is in the name of the Company who were responsible for the debt.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then they can't anything, they can only take assets belonging to the company. Even if the company is in your name as long as it's a ltd company they cannot take any of your personal assets.
So you don't need to let them or, nor is the debt yours personally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is fine, Alex. You have confirmed what has always been my understanding of the position. Thanks