12826847

I have separated form my partner of 10 years and because of

Customer Question

I have separated form my partner of 10 years and because of violent episode where you shoved me. I called the police who then arrested him as iI planned to press charges. I left the property with my 7yearold daughter and living on a sofa at my Dad's. For the past2 weeks. I went to the property of find the locks had been changed. He has said that he is going down the legal route which will be completed in 3 months, he's asked for an address to forward my mail to and also that he will arrange for my things to be sent any way I want!
What are my rights in this situation? He's being unreasonable, I'm happy to sell transfer ownershipover to him as long as iI'm paid my share of equity based on the openmarket rate we could get for the property. Eg put it up for sale and he be the highest bbidder. Can I force him to do this?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about what has happened.
Please can I ask:
- would you prefer just to have your share of the property then to return?
- did you marry?
- is your daughter of the relationship?
- were you joint tenants of the property or tenants in common?
- was there a deed of trust?
- how much equity is in the property?
Kind Regards
Caroline