75100385

I have been receiving Direct Payments from the Council for

Customer Question

I have been receiving Direct Payments from the Council for home help. I was paying a contribution towards the cost. Up to April 2015 I was paying approx £10.52 per week. They had written to us to say contributions in April 2015 would change, some would go up and some would come down. It was not until July 2015 did they tell me my new charge, which had gone up to £42.61 a week. As soon as I received the new costing I cancelled the service. I have just received the first 2 invoices for April/ May 2015. I phoned them and said I feel it is unfair that you only told me 4 months after and so I didn't have an opportunity to cancel earlier. My understanding is they should have given me 30 days warning of the exact increase instead of increasing it by 400%. Where do I stand on this. Thanks Jerry Stevenson
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
To be clear they increased it but didn't tell you until after they invoiced you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they only told me in July how much they were going to charge and back dated it to April. I think that is not fair Kind Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call now or tomorrow after say 10 am
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call now but I am on the train.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should write to the chief executives office.
Then if that does not work then go to www.lgo.org.uk