75100385

Non-Compliance issue. I paid my speeding fine straight away,

Customer Question

Non-Compliance issue. I paid my speeding fine straight away, but forgot to send my driving license off. I have no recollection of any reminder being sent my way. In the mean time, I got another speeding ticket (I'm not a serial offender - thats only 4 in 40 years!). Paid promptly and then sent my license to the Welsh police. It was here that I realised I'd not sent my license off for the original offence in Oxfordshire. I contacted them and was met with a brick wall. The message was that they had not received my license, this was my fault (obviously!) and I was likely to get a notice to prosecute. A letter arrived 6 weeks later confirming this course of action and I received the court order 5 weeks later.
Do I have any mitigating factors here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my makers Alex and I will help you,
Once you get the postal summons you can plead guilty by post. Here you can put down what has happened and it's likely the court will just give you the same as a fixed penalty fine.
But the court should be sympathetic to the position and not give you more points than 3
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/